Ofsted Report and School priorities
Rickley Park was last inspected in December 2016. Whilst we are delighted to be acknowledged as a good school, we aspire to go beyond outstanding over the coming years. This takes vision, direction, dedication and commitment and we believe we have it all. We have worked really hard in 2017 to ensure safeguarding is at least good and to further develop teaching and learning. Standards could be better and we recognise this. Our current focus is on ensuring our assessment of children is wholly accurate to enable better progress to ensue, which will in turn raise standards.
The children are amazing, the building is fantastic and the staff team are totally committed to achieving this exciting goal.
We regularly self evaluate and our priorities from this form our annual School Development plan.
This year, our priorities are;
- To raise attainment in all areas of the school through effective teaching and teaching support
- To introduce a continuous provision style curriculum across years 1-6 based on the EYFS principles of characteristics of effective learning
- To raise achievement of children with additional needs
- To raise attainment and progress of children in receipt of pupil premium
- To ensure behaviour in school is outstanding
- To improve performance management of staff
- To generate income through the letting of the hall and astro facilities.